Ironwood Tree

Friday, July 22, 2005

Questions I'd ask John Roberts:

Do you donate blood? If not, why not? Do you realize you save a life if you donate blood? How do you feel about a law mandating that qualified people must donate blood every 8 weeks?

It's your fault if you don't like it - you were born with all this blood that people need. They'll die without it.

Now that we're through with blood, what about bone marrow. Yes, I realize that being a marrow donor hurts, but you're selfish if you don't donate it. See little Jimmy over there? He has leukemia and you're the only match for him in the world. You're not only going to go through surgery to give him marrow, you're going to be responsible for him the rest of your life! Don't like it? You'll go to jail if you don't. We'll also have some backwoods freak kill your doctor if he protects you.

Say Judge Roberts, you don't need both those kidneys do you?



Full disclosure - I don't donate blood every time I can but I do at least 3 times a year. I'm on the marrow registry too but I'd like to keep my kidneys unless a relative needs one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home