Ironwood Tree

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Oink Oink Oink

Once in a while I say something nice about my congresscritter, Mark Kirk. He has 17 entries on the pork list. They all seem pretty reasonable. The money for Lutheran outreach looks a little questionable but as an ex Lutheran I've got to say they're pretty lax about converting people and have a good social service infrastructure so I'll let it go. I'll bet that Dan Seals would do an even better job.

I'd be really pissed off if I lived in Arizona. What has Senator McCain done for them? He brags about not bringing any pork home but we do all depend on our representatives to express our needs and bring needed projects. McCain also is proud of kicking Boeing off a project and handing it to Airbus. And I thought the wingnuts hated France.

2 Comments:

  • One person's pork is another person's well-thought out appropriation that will solve a real problem.

    By Blogger pau1ke11y, at 8:48 AM  

  • Yep, my point exactly. I think Kirk's "pork" is all good. My only complaint is that a lot of it is Chicago oriented and doesn't really address problems in his district.

    I hope Dan Seals will target his "pork" more in the district.

    By Blogger Ironwoodtree, at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home