Ironwood Tree

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Wanna Dog?

I had a great Halloween. I live in a part of Riverwoods where the houses are too far away for good trick or treating. I don't think anyone has come to our house in 30 years. Not since my brother's friends got too old to go.

So I took my daughter to Lincolnshire where we go trick or treating with friends who have kids. For years they've had a nice beagle cross. She's fat and goofy and a perfect family dog. As I walked up to the house, I saw they had a new puppy. It's a gorgeous little terrier cross with a head that looks like an Italian greyhound. She's a sweet, cute little face licker who's run ten pounds off the chubby beagle. Both dogs are housebroken, good watchdogs, and great family dogs.

Where did they get these canine paragons? Where all great dogs come from, the local shelter. Orphans of the Storm is a very old no kill shelter. Right now I work too much to have a dog (even though Arfur would probably be perfect) but if things ever slow down, I'll be there in a flash. I hope Arfur gets a home before then. Chuckles too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home