Ironwood Tree

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Great Commentary

I've been watching Keith Olbermann for several months. I love that he dissects the stupid things politicians say instead of just repeating the press releases. Tom Cruise scares him too and he isn't obsessed with missing white women. I do love Oddball more than I should but I really like his interviews too. He's smart, ok so he's a smartass but it's fun to watch.

He outdid himself today. He had a great interview with Howard Dean and then had an on target commentary on Rumsfeld's ravings. See it here

My take on appeasers is a little different. I see Bin Laden and Al Queda as our real enemies. As far as I can tell the Bushies have done whatever Bin Laden wants. We did initially attack him but he was allowed to escape from Tora Bora, we took our troops out of Saudi Arabia (his main demand), and we started a war in Iraq that he's been using as a training ground for more terrorists. None of these actions except the initial overthrow of the Taliban was good for our country. Now Afghanistan is providing Europe and the U.S. with the biggest opium crop in history. The President and his father have had business deals with the Bin Laden family for many years. Could that have something to do with his refusal to attack our real enemy?

The Bushies should really think twice about throwing stones because this glass house is going to collapse on them. Prescott Bush, the President's grandfather, helped the Nazis build their war machine. He went beyond appeasement to collaboration. I don't think it's a good idea to remind everyone of that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home