Ironwood Tree

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Why I'm not Afraid

Olberman gives the timeline of terror alerts in the context of current events.

There are things to be afraid of but you have to be realistic. I'm considering taking a Route 66 road trip next year instead of flying to New Mexico to see relatives. Not because I'm afraid but just because I'm irritated with useless security theater at the airports.

It's a good chance to take my daughter on a a car trip like I took when I was a kid so it'll be worth it. I'm under no illusions that it's safer than flying though. There are very few plane crashes and lots of car crashes. I'm a careful driver, I have a cellphone and a reasonably new Prius so it will be cheaper and more fun.

Maybe we'll go to the Lincoln Library so I can show her that at one time voting Republican was the progressive thing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home