Ironwood Tree

Monday, July 09, 2007

Is Cheney the devil or could it be...

A mystery player. Someone totally under the radar that we don't expect.

I was sitting on the train reading It Can Happen Here by Joe Conason. As I was reading about Sinclair Lewis's novel "It Can't Happen Here" and the eerie parallels to the Bush administration I remembered Keith Olbermann's comment that sometimes he thinks a policy maker in the Bush administration read 1984 on an airplane and didn't quite get it right but thought there were some good ideas in the book. There are also echoes of Machiavelli's The Prince in Bushie tactics.

So who does all that reading? Can't be Bush. I still can't believe he got through any Camu, much less all the books he claims to have read this year.

So, the thought occurred to me, the mastermind, the evil genius in the shadows wasn't Cheney, could the puppetmaster be .... Laura?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home